Khandu inaugurates Arunachal Niwas, fourth facility in New Delhi
Assam-Arunachal border delineation exercise concludes in Lower Siang
ES Newsdesk
ITANAGAR, Jul 10: Deputy Commissioner-ICR Talo Potom has stated that anyone found constructing illegal structures along the NH-415 will be dismantled and accordingly punished under the law.
Potom who along with the highway authority carried out a massive eviction drive at Chandranagar on Saturday, said that the district administration has many a times dismantled illegal structures along side the NH-415. However few people are not heeding to the repeated pleas despite serving notice. People should refrain from such illegal acts, thereby helping in the beautification of the city, he said.
He asked the PWD Highway Executive Engineer and Assistant Engineer to dismantle the entire structures which were constructed recently.
Further, he also asked to take out the sand gravel dumped on the highway."The district administration had already issued an order to remove the sand gravel dumped near the highways,” he added.
Potom also appealed to the public to maintain the rule of constructing structures 20 metre away from the Centre of Highway. However, the old structures should not be dismantled as matter is subjudice, he said.